Do you have all of these big dreams and plans but you sometimes feel like you're not getting anywhere......me too!
I needed to change things up a bit, I needed a simple way to work toward my plans without being difficult or complicated.
If you're anything like me, you struggle with this too! Don't give in to overwhelm when trying to reach your ideal life, try creating a list of your 10 daily Commitments instead! In addition to your traditional goal setting routine, create a list of your 10 Commitments.
Your “10 Commitments” is a compilation of simple daily habits and disciplines that you commit to completing each and every day. Like baby steps toward your big dreams and goals, more manageable.
These tasks are super easy in nature but do take COMMITMENT and CONSISTENCY. To reach our goals, there is a season of planting, a season of cultivating and a season of harvesting. The cultivating phase can be long and tedious. In this season we need faith, commitment and a plan. (OR A LIST LIKE THIS )
Use your list of 10 Commitments to persevere through the drought and dry seasons. If we continue focusing on our small tasks each and every day, one day we are sure to hear, “Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.” Matthew 25:21
Your 10 Commitments list is a road map for turning simple daily habits and disciplines in to massive success and happiness! A topic that's right up my alley.
These 10 daily promises that you keep to yourself will EVENTUALLY, over time have a tremendous and huge impact on the trajectory of your life.
What if all you had to do was commit to doing 10 SIMPLE things each and every day to stop feeling stuck and actually move your life forward.....would you do them?
Would you do them day in and day out even if you weren't seeing any immediate results? Most won't.....but you're different, you're a planner and a doer.....you're the hands and feet of Jesus! (And you know all about the long season of cultivating!)
We live in such a right here, right now society that we will hardly stick with something long enough to see the fruits of our labor. Galatians 6:9 says, "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."
Key words, "at the proper time". Only God knows when we will harvest the fruits from our labors. It's our job to keep moving forward in faith knowing that our harvest will one day come.
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.” Colossians 3:23-24
|Get Your BLANK 10 Commitments Worksheet HERE!|
My 10 Commitments
This list is the 10 areas I have committed to focus on. (Your list might look a little different). If we continue to focus on our 10 Commitments list and don't grow weary, eventually we will see the harvest. Not today or tomorrow, but someday (and I'm learning to be ok with that).
In focusing on my list everyday, I have actually found the joy in the doing.....it makes me happy and improves my mood when my house is clean, or I check things off my to-do list or I spend time meditating on God's Word. Maybe this is what is meant by "finding joy in Jesus"? I'm not quite sure, but I'm having fun experimenting with it. We all feel better when we are productive, right?
I have learned the hard way that there is a period for planting, a period for cultivating and a period for harvesting. If you're anything like me, you want to jump straight from planting to harvesting. The cultivating step is so hard.....and it's not that the tasks are hard in themselves, it's the perseverance it takes to keep doing the little things day in and day out without seeing the immediate results. That's the hard part.
Here is my current list.
What would you include on your list of 10 Commitments?
1. Plan My Day - by making my gratitude list, journaling my thoughts and using my planner daily.
2. Pray + Meditate - by spending quiet time alone with God, writing out my prayers and listening for His lead and promptings.
3. Read The Word - by participating in bible studies, memorizing scriptures and Bible verse mapping.
4. Move My Body - by exercising daily, getting in my 10,000 steps and getting outdoors more often.
5. Healthy Choices - by consciously eating, going to bed early and by joyfully getting up by 5:15am.
6. Financial Focus - by filling in my money map daily, investing and saving more and being conscious of the way I spend.
7. Clean Organize Purge - by putting things away immediately, making my bed daily and keeping a clean kitchen.
8. Random Acts Kindness - by practicing the Fruit of the Spirit, letting someone go before me and using please, thank you and kind words.
9. Get Things Done - by checking off my to-do list, no more procrastination and doing things RIGHT NOW!
10. Self Care - by reading books I love, taking bubble baths and walking on the beach (slowly).
I'm committing to these 10 daily disciplines. Focusing on today and not worrying about tomorrow, I hope you'll join me with your own list of 10 Commitments!"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:36